Friday, April 9, 2010

Pollen

So it's that time of year again when the oak trees here decide to rain down pollen upon us, turning our cars a lovely shade of yellow and littering the ground with droppings. Not to mention the lovely green worms that dangle all around my car. It's like playing tag with them... yay missed that one, watch out for the one on the other side of you, good grief, it's crawling up my arm. All it takes is one person asking you to check their hair / back / etc. for those nasty worms and all of the sudden you feel them crawling all over you, despite the fact that you haven't been outside all morning long. Uugghhh... gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

I'd had an alright season so far and actually our season started late this year I think because of how much longer it stayed colder here. However when we got back from our trip on Sunday, things just started to go downhill for me. By Tuesday I was a sneezing, sniffling, watery eyed mess!! And there's no relief yet. It rained a little last night which hopefully knocked more down, but the count is still listed as "very high", which is the highest it goes on the pollen scale.

So out I go armed with tissues and my allergy meds and realize it will only be a matter of a week or two more of dealing with this nonsense - hopefully!!

1 comment:

carolinagirl said...

I enjoyed reading all your posts so far! Excited that you have a blog too! It's fun to "chat" with people you know and don't know. I have several online blog friends! Your writing is very interesting and fun to read!