Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easter

We spent Easter Sunday quite differently this year!! I think this is my first year ever that I wasn't at church on Easter. I woke up (very early) Easter Sunday a.m. when we docked in Tampa after our Western Caribbean cruise - which I am going to blog about - soon!! We finally got home and had the car unloaded by 11:00ish, rested for just a few minutes before we got back in the car and headed down to my parents to have Easter dinner and pick up the kids.

We had a great lunch (kudos to my mom and thank goodness I didn't have to make anything) and then the kids got to open their gift from GGma and GGpa from up in PA.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Grandma made them each "Lollipops" and sent money and candy as well. Caylee liked the blue "stuffing" the best of all.

Conner showing off the goods from GGma.
Photobucket

Then we headed into the living room and the kids got to open their Easter baskets from Sam and I and Aunt Jessica.

The squish!!
Photobucket

My niece Lina.
Photobucket

Caylee
Photobucket

So happy to get a new book!!
Photobucket

Reading it already!
Photobucket

Conner liked his new fun sidewalk chalk.
Photobucket

Next we headed outside for the Easter Egg hunt. Conner and my mom had dyed and decorated Easter eggs and Conner got to go first and look for the dyed ones.

Photobucket

Look closely - this actually was one of "his" with his name written on it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

All found!!
Photobucket

Helping put them back in the carton.
Photobucket

Girls turn!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last one!!
Photobucket

Somehow we ended up on the back lanai and let the girls play with their baskets and eggs for a while.

Tough work - that egg hunting!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Headed home shortly afterwards as Sam and I were exhausted!! It was a different kind of Easter this year, but still an enjoyable day spent with family.

Photobucket

2 comments:

(Ri)Charmed said...

Wow, the kids are all getting big!

Holly Lee said...

Oh my gosh Jen..I couldn't believe that was Conner! They are getting so big! What great looking kids!